Sunday, March 13, 2011

Not so patiently waiting for Spring...

Okay this picture has nothing to do with waiting for Spring,but I thought it was cute, Bethany and Joslynn were messing around on her ipod and taking pics one day.
The Quad City area can claim the privilege of hosting American Bald Eagles during the winter months. Since we have a varying temperature during the winter, there are actually winter days with the rivers not being frozen all the time. They come from up north and fish in our rivers for food. We live right near the Hennepin Canal and Rock River, so we get to see them quite often even flying over our house, or while we are out driving somewhere. But these pics were taken out on the bike trail off of the Hennepin Canal, where there have been sp0tted 20 or more eagles resting in the trees or flying or fishing in the canal or river nearby. Clarissa and I have been walking for the last couple of weeks on the bike trail and have seen 4 or 5 eagles at a time. I was able to capture several pictures, but none of the pictures are as close up as I had hoped. What a beautiful and majestic bird the Bald Eagle is, it gives me goosebumps just watching it fly.

To get a better look at the pics, click on them and focus in...




A cute duck family enjoying the warmer weather.





A couple of geese.


This eagle was pecking on the ice.






Seagull in flight. Joslynn calls them Sea-Eagles.









I thought this was a cool tree, it is white where the bark has peeled off. I can't wait until our trees have leaves again.




Seagulls hanging out on the ice.










Our nation's bird in flight.









Just waiting...







No comments: