Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Goodbye Arica, Hello Antofagasta...
























































Hola familia,
How´s it going guys. I´m doing great. There hasn´t been any aftershocks from the earthquakes where I have been. Right now I have some news. Remember how I wouldn´t know if I would be leaving Arica or not for like another week. Well, last monday at like 9 they called me and told me that I would be going to Antofagasta as señor companion to Elder Jensen. So I left for Antofagasta Tuesday and I got there Wednesday in the morning. I didn´t have enough time to say goodbye to everyone here in Arica, and it was really hard to say goodbye but I knew it would have to happen sometime.
So I have been here in Antofagasta for like 5 days and I like it a lot. I am finishing the training of Elder Jensen. He has like one transfer in the mission like my son Elder Acevedo, and like I said before a training lasts for like two transfers, so that's why I am going to finish the training of Elder Jensen, and the new companion of Elder Acevedo is going to finish his training. I am also district leader, so that means that I have four sisters and my companion in my district, and I need to teach them every tuesday in a district meeting. I also have to do the baptismal interviews of their investigators. How scary right? I feel a little nervous about all of the responsibilities that I now have, but I know that the Lord will help to do it.
This last sunday was Stake Conference, and it was really special. We had a broadcast from Utah. This broadcast was for the north of Chile and President Monson, Elder Bednar, a seventy and the primary general president spoke in this broadcast. It was so cool. I heard a lot of marvelous things. Well I´ve got to go, but I love you guys so much.
Elder Henderson
Oh and the pictures are of my goodbye to Arica.

1 comment:

Chelsea said...

I love how positive he always seems. Also, he has such a great smile, and it looks a lot like yours, Judy! :)