Sunday, March 15, 2009

James' latest letter











We got James' latest e-mail on Tuesday. So I panicked for 24 hours. It was a great e-mail , he seemed really happy and excited. I guess he had a zone conference on Monday, so that is why he didn't e-mail until Tuesday. So, I am happy to know he is safe and sound and very happy right now. He said they are hoping for 10 baptisms in the next couple of months, if all goes well. He said he is enjoying the food and he really loves the rice they have down there. He told us about a hot dog they ate recently (they eat a lot of hot dogs down there), he said it was as long as his forearm and twice as thick (I hope he didn't mean the hot dog was twice as thick as his forearm). Sounds like too much hot dog for me. He also told us about his mamamita who washes their clothes and cooks some of their food. It is nice to know he is being taken care of even though I can't be there to take care of him. I must say in his defense, he has been doing his own laundry for a while, the cooking was going to need some work. It sounds like he is now in Alto Hospicio, I will include some pictures off of Google earth of his area.
The picture of the bigger city is Iquque, the city next to where he is.

No comments: